Monday, February 23, 2009

ArtsEdge

The ArtsEdge site of the Kennedy Center is a more professional and expansive version of CAPE. I spent most of my time on this site in the "Teach > Lessons" section, and it is amazing how many arts integration lesson plans are available, and the search feature is particularly well-organized so that you can search by "arts subject," "other subject," and "grade band" (i.e. age group). I keep hearing from our art ed. profs how sharing, borrowing, and even "stealing" ideas is totally legit in the field of art education, and I am really starting to believe it, seeing how many different sites make resources and lesson plans available to the general public. After spending much of the weekend writing lesson plans for Curriculum & Instruction class, it is extremely helpful to know there are go-to places for ideas and that not every lesson plan I teach has to be conceived of solely from my own personal genius. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment