Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chicago Artists Resource

The Chicago Artist's Resource web site seems indeed to be a useful and thorough "resource" for artists. I would appreciate some type of short mission statement on the homepage stating what they do or hope to do. I think this is important, especially since there is no place to go and find this information...the tabs immediately filter visitors to the website based on the type of art they are interested in...dance, music, visual, theater...oops, I take that back, there is an "About" tab at the very bottom, but since the pages are so long, I nearly missed it. I would recommend repeating that in tab or link format up top as well
The pages were a bit info-heavy and scrolly for my liking, but well-organized, and I found useful information easily. I like the democratic nature of the site in that anyone is invited to submit an artist story or banner art. I like the different banner art selections - they made the site lively. I understand that funding is probably limited, so the google ads on the right-hand bar are there to generate revenue, but I find them distracting...

No comments:

Post a Comment